Slip-on Suzie no. 2
Try no. 3, actually, counting my muslin. Instead of elastic, I decided to do a binding. I am looking at it now and I cannot remember or figure out what I did. I used my new coverstitch machine on it, I can see that, but how did I get the binding on there? Did I fold it over? Did I serge and turn? Not much point in documenting my projects if I wait so long I can't remember what I did. <<Sigh>> Doubly sad because it is successful. It fits snugly but completely comfortably. I have sufficient coverage. I used another cotton jersey I picked up cheap from someplace, probably Joann's. It has a softer feel to it than the gray jersey I used for the other version of this dress. It is very comfortable, but it clings, especially if I'm wearing tights. So probably bad fabric choice on my part. I must have lengthened the sleeves a tiny bit, plus I did the same binding around them (and the hem), and I like the extra length. My husband says it looks great, but I am not so sure. The panel across the belly is again a problem.
Leave a Reply.
I am a wife and mother. I am retired: yay!