Once I started making them, it went quickly and smoothly enough. I had a hard time getting started though because of three issues: finding enough fabric, questions about what style to sew, and questions about the best (and most comfortable) construction.
First off, my daughter's friend bought the fabric. I misunderstood and thought initially she only wanted a bottom cushion so I told her to buy a yard. When I learned she wanted the top cushion too, the hunt for the fabric was on.
The yard had been purchased at Joann's in Columbus (2 hours south of me), so I went to my local Joann's a couple times, and looked at the company's online selection. The fabric was nowhere to be found. My daughter went to the Columbus Joann's, and I looked at another Joann's near my dad's. Nope. I went to a couple Michaels and a Hobby Lobby. No luck. I decided to find a suitable back-up fabric so I could use it to make the back and bottom of the cushions and use the one yard for the front and top, a light yellow broadcloth.
We settled on tufting plus buttons on the back and tufting on the seat. From there, I had them made in a couple days.
I had read and watched a lot of tutorials for different kinds of cushions, but the one style I wanted I couldn't seem to find. It looked to be simply constructed, out of two pieces with some sort of fold magic. I finally found it on Ageberry's YouTube site [video].