My daughter (Thome) visited from college over Christmas break, and I asked her if she'd like to learn how to sew and try this class with me. She said yes! and we had a blast making the first one, the Super Simple Wallet. I had bought some quilting cotton for the project already, a solid and a compatible print, and she was satisfied with the fabrics, so we decided to each use both but switch which would be the lining and outer parts of the wallet. They came together beautifully. She sewed like an old pro. Thank goodness she was there because she saved me from a measurement error (though I managed to make another one!).
Oh my, it was fun to watch my daughter in the fabric store. I should have felt guilty. First I get her addicted to coffee and then to the fabric store. She was very pleased with her choices.
These wallets also came together with no problem. Ooh, that's not quite true. Of course I mismeasured one thing, of course it was in one of the fabrics we had little of, and of course I had to figure out a way to get around it. (I cut the zipper pocket linings an inch too short, so I just pieced together scraps to get the proper size. It worked fine.) We just had a lot of relaxing time together and a lot of fun sewing these up.
Thome's wallets are on top, and mine are on the bottom.